Bulk Inbound - Logistics Coordinator
|Contract types||Temporary (12-18 months) full time position.|
JOB TITLE: BULK INBOUND - LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
DIVISION: West (Okotoks)
REPORTS TO: Logistics Manager, West
CATEGORY: Temporary Full Time – 12 to 18 months
LOCATION: Okotoks, AB
Purpose of this role will be to ensure the ongoing availability of inbound ingredients needed for our production facilities utilizing forecasting tools, historical data, and working with & around current market variables. This role will utilize a combination of basic to intermediate computer skills, math and a constant use of interpersonal communication with both internal and external stakeholders. The Bulk Inbound – Logistics Coordinator is expected to conduct all matters in a manner consistent with the company’s Corporate Values of Innovation, Caring, Capable, and Collaboration.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties for this role will include, but are not limited to:
Load Tendering and Execution
- Tendering our mill-to-mill transfers, vendor pick-ups and customer deliveries.
- Building both DLVD and FOB orders off existing trucks and rail contracts.
- Securing trucks and building carrier relationships.
- Validating commodity usage numbers to plan and coordinate future orders.
Tracking, Tracing and Score-carding
- Daily follow-up on all outstanding truck and bulk rail orders to ensure on-time pick-up and deliveries are on schedule.
- Working with other Logistics colleagues on tracking and tracing freight movements.
- Updating carrier performance and sharing results with our service providers.
- Setting up and maintaining both vendor and carrier profiles, and understanding potential synergies.
- Updating freight costs into our financial review sheets and compare against targets.
- Assist with specific lane / cost reviews and audit against industry / lane standards.
- Spot rate negotiations and input & analysis for contract rate negotiations.
- Vacation coverage for colleagues handling similar roles will be required.
- Availability and input for team meetings and / or vendor & carrier meetings as applicable.
- Occasional travel as required, mostly pertaining to the mill(s).
- Additional duties that may be assigned as needed.
- University degree or diploma in Agriculture, Business Admin / Finance or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of related experience in logistics is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership, collaboration, coordination, good communication, high learning capacity.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Alignment with the Nutreco Values – Caring, Capable, Innovative, Collaborative.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Temporary (12-18 months) full time position.
APPLICATION PROCESS: If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit the careers section of our website at www.trouwnutrition.ca and submit an application by Friday, April 24, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc.; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No calls please. We are committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from qualified individuals, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc. is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.