BUYER – AGRI-COMMODITIES
|Contract types||Full Time|
Key measures of success:
- Negotiate purchases of agricultural commodities and co-products, maintaining close working relationships with suppliers, transportation companies, customers and manufacturing facilities.
- Ensure daily purchase documentation is accurate and timely.
- Actively contribute, in a true team environment, to achieving the overall business goals and keep management and sales staff current on product development opportunities and techniques.
- Collaborate and provide input into additional value-added potential product and service offerings.
- Participate in industry tradeshows, associations, conferences and other business development events.
- Perform all functions directly related to physical commodities-purchasing, logistics, and account management
- Determine requirements and purchase of bulk commodities from line companies, grain producers , and brokers;
- Maintain/manage vendor contracts and negotiation of new purchase agreements for commodities;
- Establish strategic relationships with key vendors;
- Continuously review and analyze market trends and supply conditions;
- Complete monthly volume purchase and dollar purchase reports;
- Weekly pricing updates of grains, proteins and byproducts;
- Forecasts commodity usages in conjunction with Operations, Sales, Nutrition & Formulation departments;
- Analyze market trends to assist with inventory management;
- Understand competing acreage requirements through net return per acre analysis;
- Addresses any necessary quality issues of commodities and monitors supplier performance;
- Actively participate in supplier audits with Quality Manager(s) and provide feedback from procurement prospective;
- Present commodity market updates to customers, senior management team & sales staff;
- Work with key customers on opportunity sales of commodities;
- Further develop & execute direct grain buying strategy Alberta and BC;
- Maximize profits by providing innovative solutions
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in procurement management in the agri-commodity markets;
- Knowledge of procurement management using an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system;
- Supply Chain Management Diploma or University degree in agriculture or business considered an asset, but not required;
- Experience in the agricultural community is an asset.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility and collaboration;
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills, and numerical ability;
- Good organization skills, interpersonal and customer service skills;
- A demonstrated willingness and drive to improve and grow the business with a keen sense of profit accountability;
- A strategic business sense, a driven entrepreneurial spirit and a fun and collaborative team orientation;
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, manage priorities, and multi-task, with strong team and management support;
- Understanding of logistics (rail, truck, and container);
- Good computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite.
- Indefinite Contract
Interested in this position:
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.