Buyer – Feed Ingredients & Packaging
|Contract types||Indefinite Contract|
Would you like to join one of the world’s leaders in Additives and Animal Nutrition? Are you looking forward to a multi-disciplinary role with variation from very practical issues to more abstract and complex problems? Then Trouw Nutrition has a very interesting role for you!
Key measures of success:
- Work closely with the supply chain team within the region and national supply point to maintain a balanced level of feed and pet food ingredient at each plant taking working capital into account.
- Ensure daily business object reports are run, reviewed, and followed-up upon, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Actively contribute to achieving the overall business goals and keep management current on new opportunities and positions.
- Identify, initiate and coordinate procurement improvement projects for Trouw Nutrition in Alberta & BC, with the main objective to generate cost savings and direct spend categories in collaboration with national and global feed ingredient team.
- Perform detailed spend, market trends and supplier analysis across the region as a basis to identify opportunities.
- Become a key user of existing benchmarking tools and reports in our internal systems to measure procurement performance, vendor performance, market pricing, and contract management.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and upkeep of key priorities/projects for Trouw Alberta & BC, such as Payment Term Optimization, Supplier Code of Conduct, etc.
- Establish and manage regional key supplier relationships and related purchase agreements.
- Participate with global and Canadian leads on developing feed ingredient and supplier specific strategies.
- Responsible for the overall local relationship management of our regional medicated feed additive vendors and participate in the annual strategic meetings.
- Actively participate in supplier audits with Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager(s) and provide feedback from procurement prospective.
- Further, develop the Trouw Nutrition Canada packaging program through the understanding of the manufacturing process, establishing new vendor contacts, leveraging the Canadian spend, and optimizing packaging requirements.
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- An undergraduate degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Agriculture or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in procurement; specialization in procurement will be considered an asset.
- Ability to quickly prioritize individual responsibilities and effectively manage time.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and with a team.
- Strong attention to detail is mandatory along with excellent communication skills.
- Well-developed computer skills (Microsoft Office programs), database management and a strong mathematical aptitude.
- Passionate about your career and the agriculture and feed industry.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit the careers section of our website at www.trouwnutrition.ca and submit an application with cover letter by Wednesday, July 31, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc.; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No calls please. We are committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from qualified individuals, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc. is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
Interested in this position:
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.
Trouw Nutrition is the global leader in innovative feed specialties, premixes and nutritional services for the animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition provides species-specific nutritional solutions consisting of feed concepts, products and nutritional know-how. The unique combination of products, models and services Trouw Nutrition offers, boosts productivity and supports animal health through all life stages, contributing to our customers' peace of mind. Trouw Nutrition's nutrition solutions have met the need of farmers and home-mixers, feed producers, integrators and distributors. Trouw Nutrition has locations in 25 countries and around 5000 employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Trouw Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Trouw Nutrition is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.