Director Poultry Technology Application
Employer: Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc.
Position: Director Poultry Technology Application
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Puslinch, Ontario
Employment Address: 7504 McLean Road E., Puslinch, Ontario, N0B 2J0
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Candidate is eligible for disability insurance, dental insurance, pension and extended medical insurance.
Salary: $120,000.00 – $140,000.00
Trouw Nutrition belongs to the parent company Nutreco and is a global leader in providing innovative feed additives, compound feed, premixes and nutritional models and services. Innovation is at the heart of what Trouw Nutrition stands for and, at the forefront is the recently created Trouw Nutrition Innovation division. The focus is on continuously developing new nutrition, farm and health solutions to enable our customers to increase efficiency, maximize profits and make the most of their resources. With increasing demand for digital technologies, Trouw Nutrition is building a team to provide rapid, smart and accurate solutions based on machine-learning and mechanistic animal model. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Trouw Nutrition employs more than 10,000 people in 30 countries, with sales in 80 countries.
- Understanding the Canadian poultry sector and value chain and building relationships with key stakeholders;
- Working with regional commercial and technical leaders to build and execute technology application plans;
- Leading the technical development of our NutriOpt value proposition by translating quantitative nutrition research findings into feeding programs and services for our customers;
- Liaising with the R&D Manager, QC/NIR Manager and NutriOpt team to define technologies that will bring unique value to the poultry sector;
- Working closely with the Monogastric Product Manager and Feed Additive sales Manager to build and deliver feed additive programs to support superior on-farm performance and reduce reliance on antibiotics;
- Working with regional nutritionists and R&D to define and implement best practices in each poultry species;
- Managing on-farm performance benchmarking to ensure that Compivol and related tools are used to objectively measure the benefits of our technology nationally;
- Supervising the Poultry Technology Application Manager responsible for the Poultry Nutrition Advisor (PNA) programs, e-learning and on-farm benchmarking;
- Participating in the Poultry Technical Committee and Poultry Council;
- Participating in the Trouw Nutrition Global Poultry Academy;
- Providing support to the Stage Gate innovation process;
- Providing second line technical support to our national dealer network as part of the NutriOpt program;
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the activities and operations;
- Developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures;
- Assigning, coordinating and reviewing the technical work of the department or project teams; and
- Recruiting personnel and overseeing development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas.
- PhD in poultry, animal, microbiology or related life sciences
- Five (5) progressive years of relevant experience in the farming or poultry business
- Experience with commercializing applied poultry science with producers and feed mills
- Experience with procurement and quality standards of feed ingredients with particular focus on pathogen control and feed safety
- Experience with feed formulation and nutritional requirements for commercial customers
- Feed Manufacturing knowledge for commercial customer support is required
- Excellent understanding of practical poultry nutrition, production, microbiology and the overall value chain;
- Strong commercial acumen; and
- Significant knowledge of procurement, feed formulation and feed manufacturing.