Financial / Business Analyst
This position is reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis Supervisor and will work within the Costing team to provide financial and operational support for Trouw Nutrition Canada’s Ontario region. The Financial Analyst is expected to conduct all matters in a manner consistent with the company’s Corporate Values of Innovation, Caring, Capable, and Collaboration.
- Maintain costing module in the ERP system for all animal feed plants in Ontario;
- Work with multi-departmental team to update costs weekly and for new or revised individual items daily;
- Prepare and distribute monthly variance reports for purchase price, spending, volume, usage etc.;
- Respond to departmental costing queries and correct, or direct to appropriate party;
- Prepare monthly manufacturing cost summaries;
- Assistance with inventory counts and reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly efficiency variance analysis for the FP&A Supervisor;
- Provide back-up coverage for other accounting employees and functions;
- Participate in project work as required.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Either CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification or degree in business or have business analyst experience.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office including intermediate to advanced Excel skills as well as experience in an ERP environment;
- Willingness to support the efforts and initiatives of other team members to the benefit of the company;
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to organize time, prioritize duties and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format;
- Experience in agriculture or food industry, considered an asset