Nutritionist - Pet Food
|Location||St. Marys, ON|
- Function within the Companion Animal Sales Team to ensure the optimum nutritional solutions for pet food
- Focus on maintaining a consistent and diligent value added strategy;
- Work closely with the other members of the Nutrition Team and with the Quality Assurance, Purchasing and production staff to ensure that products conform to specified standards;
- Keep management informed of all pertinent issues and competitive activities as they arise by attending industry functions, industry networking and continually reviewing industry publications;
- In conjunction with other staff members, network within the industry to ensure a complete knowledge of industry activities and trends affecting the Pet Industry
- Participate within the National pet food sales and operations teams;
- Work in a disciplined fashion and manage timelines with multiple priorities;
- Apply all internal software (computer models and Brill Software) and be able to train others in their use;
- Support sales efforts with on customer calls and customer support as required;
- Support the Formulation/HACCP/QC teams in areas such as formulations, regulatory issues/registrations and Quality Control/Assurance programs.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Animal Nutrition and applicable practical experience;
- Canadian Pet Food Industry knowledge including production and management and a thorough understanding of the local industry required;
- Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities, motivate and supervise others;
- Strong QA/QC knowledge including CFIA requirements and HACCP management;
- Analytical skills with attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment;
- High level of computer competency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Proven ability in working within teams and in a team environment.
- Bilingual (French) would be considered an asset.
APPLICATION PROCESS: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application below by Friday, September 27th, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc.; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No calls please. We are committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from qualified individuals, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc. is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.