|Contract types||Full Time|
|Location||Sherwood Park, AB|
The Plant Manager will be primarily focused on overseeing all functions of a feed mill, ensuring a safe work environment, managing employees, communicating with other departments and customers, accountable for financial objectives, and meeting or exceeding key performance measures.
- Overall accountability for meeting or exceeding key performance measures while maintaining assets and safety standards.
- Oversee all functions of a feed mill, including operations, warehouse, maintenance, facility appearance, ensuring a safe work environment, managing employees, communication with other departments and customers and being accountable for financial objectives. This including a team of over 20 staff members.
- Understand processes of the facility, how they affect loss and calculations to improve shrink results.
- Achieve sustainability targets and initiatives.
- Analyze and utilize the key performance measures for continuous improvement and apply lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Apply knowledge of all machinery operations.
- Constant Quality Awareness and take corrective action to prevent and fix quality issues.
- Identify potential CAPEX projects for growth and efficiency.
- Responsible for employee development, recognition, and talent management.
- Manage, coach and motivate employees through sincere and concrete feedback and take appropriate action when needed.
- Provide leadership to the production team (e.g. setting individual objectives, reviewing performance and provide ongoing feedback) so that all direct reports are aware of what they are required to achieve and how they are performing against their objectives.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years experience with progressive responsibility in processing or manufacturing facility.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and strong analytic skills.
- Innovative, detail oriented, and bring excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication and leadership skills.
- You act like an owner, and are a team player who thrives on a challenge and can interact positively with employees at all level within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and a desire to coach and develop people.
- Experience supervising employees and performance management.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Competent computer skill, numeracy and accuracy.
- Strong judgment, business acumen, problem and decision making abilities.
- Experience and ability to lead and manage in change.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision in ambiguity.