SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT:
- Ensure plant safety policies are being following including wearing PPE, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Hot Work Permits, and Confined Space, fall arrest, safe operation of Material handling equipment;
- Manage safety meetings and lead safety improvement projects along with staff;
- Manage accident/near miss investigations with an objective of 0 LTI;
- Action plan/execute HSE non-compliances under the HSE database ensuring legislative and Nutreco standards.
- Respect of HACCP & Nutrace procedures by all team members to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Participate in internal & external non-conformity investigations;
- Participate both in internal & external audits;
- Manage all plant staff ensuring efficient use of manpower while maintaining a high level of cleanliness and housekeeping at all times;
- Responsible of employee training program to develop competence and skills;
- Hire, advise, counsel, evaluate and discipline employees reporting to him/her and recommend changes in compensation to the Human Resources Manager within an established process;
- Ensure plant employees are courteous to all co-workers/outside contractors/customers;
- Lead production (daily & monthly) meetings;
- Implement & manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI) (S)afety, (Q)uality, (C)ost, (D)elivery, (M)otivation, (E)nvironment;
- Lead physical monthly inventory process and analyse variances;
- Drive and implement continuous improvement processes (i.e. 5S, Lean manufacturing, etc.);
- Manages the Plant Operations by efficient, economical and effective utilization of the Plant and directing the various projects and resources;
- Work closely or manage (depending on plant location) maintenance to ensure that all machinery and equipment in the plant are properly maintained through a preventative maintenance program;
- Work closely with various departments including but not limited to Quality Control, Nutrition, Customer Service, and Logistics.
- Participate in the building of the yearly Operational Expense Budget (OPEX) with the Regional Operations Manager;
- Manage Operational Expense (OPEX) within the Plant;
- Participate in the building of the yearly Capital Expense Budget (CAPEX) with the Regional Operations Manager.
- Help Prepare the CER’s for the Plant with the assistance and information received from the Regional Operations Manager and input from Operations Team as per Trouw Nutrition guidelines.
Interested in this position:
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.