Poultry Modeling Nutrition Research Scientist
- Employer: Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc.
- Position: Poultry Modeling Nutrition Research Scientist
- Hours: 37.5
- Wage: $80,000 - $90,000
- Work Location: Guelph, Ontario
- Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
- Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and salary increases, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care, Health Savings Account (HSA), Hospital Coverage, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP), Company’s Retirement Savings Plan (RPP), STD/LTD
- Report to Modeling Science Manager in the Trouw Nutrition Innovation R&D division;
- Develop and support internal mechanistic models which improve the nutrition and productivity of poultry species;
- Integrate new modelling approaches into existing internal mechanistic models;
- Participate in modelling efforts to improve mechanistic model accuracy and applicability;
- Engage with the data science team to develop hybrid mechanistic/machine-learning models;
- Troubleshoot model problems prior to escalation to programming group;
- Maintain equations in the modelling environment interacting with a programming team;
- Maintaining existing nutritional database/calibrations;
- Present results at internal scientific meetings;
- Participate in Trouw Nutrition North America Technical Team which support national technical transfer and marketing goals;
- Forge highly-competitive external R&D collaborations;
- Maintain and build a network of professional contacts through participation in industry and scientific associations;
- Conduct experiments on animal growth, heredity and breeding through the collection of data.
- Completed PhD in poultry science, animal nutrition, or a related field;
- 3 years of appropriate work experience including experience with:
- Providing technical support to poultry customers
- Preparing feed formulations
- Development of models and data inputs to improve model reliability
- Research experience in quantitative nutrition modeling, preferably with some industry experience;
- Self-motivated with good organization/planning skills;
- Ability to build, motivate and participate effectively in research teams;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and time management skills;
- Ability to function as a team player with minimal supervision;
- A proven track record of excellent oral and technical writing skills in English;
- Strong computer skills;
- Experience in developing and applying poultry simulation models;
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
Interested in this position:
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.
Trouw Nutrition is the global leader in innovative feed specialties, premixes and nutritional services for the animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition provides species-specific nutritional solutions consisting of feed concepts, products and nutritional know-how. The unique combination of products, models and services Trouw Nutrition offers, boosts productivity and supports animal health through all life stages, contributing to our customers' peace of mind. Trouw Nutrition's nutrition solutions have met the need of farmers and home-mixers, feed producers, integrators and distributors. Trouw Nutrition has locations in 25 countries and around 5000 employees. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Trouw Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Trouw Nutrition is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.