Poultry Territory Manager
|Contract types||Full time|
|Country||St Marys, ON|
Trouw Nutrition is a part of Nutreco, a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future. Nutreco employs approximately 12,000 people in 35 countries with sales in 90 countries.
Reporting to the Poultry Business Manager, the Poultry Territory Manager will oversee the continued development of the poultry business by actively promoting, marketing and executing feed strategies.
- Increase Trouw Nutrition Canada / Shur- Gain market share and feed sales volumes in the territory;
- Promote the use of Shur-Gain products and technology;
- Achieve annual sales targets for the territory and prepare written action plans that include main strategies and business development actions with quarterly follow-up;
- Become involved in the territory and network within the industry to stay current with industry trends, primarily for the territory;
- Monitor competitive activity (products/programs/prices) to remain current of industry issues that will assist in customer relationship building;
- Handle customer inquiries promptly, completely and accurately;
- Maintain a call back system which will reflect the time and frequency of calls to customers and prospects;
- Communicate with Feed Mill staff regarding feed delivery and quality.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Post-secondary degree in Agriculture, Business or Economics;
- Previous Sales experience would be considered an asset;
- Experience / knowledge in agriculture, feed industry would be considered an asset;
- Skilled in negotiation, analysis, time management;
- Knowledge of the sales process and targeted technical sales;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle several complex tasks simultaneously;
- Readiness to travel as required; Southern Ontari;
- Must possess computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered;
- Must be self- motivated, personable and results oriented