- The Production Supervisor will be primarily focused on overseeing the warehouse and production departments while supporting the Plant Manager with ensuring a safe work environment, onboarding and managing employees, communicating with other departments and customers, accountable for financial objectives, and meeting or exceeding key performance measures.
- First point of contact for quality, maintenance, housekeeping, safety, and service issues arising on shift.
- Manage and enforce safety policies and procedures to minimize incidence of injury and reduce amount of recordable injuries.
- Training and onboarding employees into new positions.
- Constant quality and food safety awareness and take corrective action to prevent and fix quality issues.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding production targets while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Assign and direct tasks on a shift basis. Also be on-call after hours to troubleshoot any production issues in the mill.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are met within assigned areas.
- Responsible for updating and managing production employee shift schedules.
- Maintain efficiency to ensure production flow will meet customer requirements on a timely basis.
- Effectively operate mixing and associated equipment.
- Drive company vehicle to travel to other mills for meetings or pick-up ingredients.
- Coaching and training other team members.
- Assist in the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years experience with progressive responsibility in processing or manufacturing facility.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Innovative, detail oriented, and bring excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication and leadership skills.
- You are a team player who thrives on a challenge and can interact positively with employees at all level within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and a desire to coach and develop people.
- Experience supervising employees and performance management.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Competent computer skill, numeracy and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Experience and ability to lead and manage in change.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision in ambiguity.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full Time; Permanent
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Base salary commensurate with experience; bonus; health care benefits, pension plan with employer matching.
- Indefinite Contract
Interested in this position:
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.