Quality Assurance Manager, N. AB
|Contract types||Full Time; Permanent|
|Location||Sherwood Park, AB|
JOB TITLE: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER, N. AB
DIVISION: West (Alberta)
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Manager, West Region
LOCATION: Sherwood Park / Edmonton area
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager West Region, this position is responsible for the coordination and maintenance of Nutrace, Nutreco’s feed to food quality program, by providing leadership, communication and follow-up on all Quality Assurance and HACCP procedures and documentation; and, coordinating the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and incidences.
- Lead and improve regional QA programs and execute various initiatives to improve the quality of our processes and products.
- Attends to internal and external audits, as well as coordinates with Production the corrective actions (CA) for findings to ensure that timelines for completion of the CA are observed.
- Implement and maintain Nutreco’s Nutrace feed to food quality program.
- Coordinates non-compliance and customer complaints and follow-up measures with the Plant Manager and Customer Service Manager. Helps identify the root causes and correction actions in collaboration with the departments involved.
- Ensures compliance to, and audits, HACCP plans.
- Monitors and gathers data for the company’s set KPIs and sends report to Regional QA Manager on a monthly basis.
- Conducts routine audits of internal food safety program.
- Coordinate third party audits.
- Train employees on Nutrace HACCP and QA procedures.
- Performs trend analysis on audit findings to drive training needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as required.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Diploma or BSc in agricultural science or relevant degree.
- Industry experience in a customer facing role.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and demonstrated time management skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to be coached and learn processes.
- Is knowledgeable and passionate about the dairy business and feed industry!
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full Time; Permanent.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Base salary commensurate with experience; bonus; health care benefits and pension plan with employer matching.
APPLICATION PROCESS: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application by Friday, May 8, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest in Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc.; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No calls please. We are committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from qualified individuals, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc. is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.